When: August 6th -10th, 2018
Where: 2018 IGU Regional Conference Quebec City, Quebec Canada
Abstract Submissions: See info at bottom of page
The International Geographical Union Applied Geography Commission invite you to submit abstracts to be considered for an organized session(s) for the upcoming IGU-CAG Conference in Quebec City from August 6th – 10th, 2018. The IGU-CAG Conference theme is “Appreciating Difference” and as is the tradition of the Applied Geography Commission we welcome submissions in the broad area of Applied Spatial Analysis and Planning.
The Applied Geography Commission meeting is being held in conjunction with the IGU-CAG Conference so all participants must follow these guidelines on abstract submissions:
- Submission of abstracts deadline: March 15th
- Before submitting an abstract, you must register online, pay all fees and receive your abstract submission code at: http://igu2018.ulaval.ca/registration/registration-information/
- All abstract submissions must be made through the IGU-CAG-NCGE Online Submission Platform: http://igu2018.ulaval.ca/registration/how-to-submit/
- A dropdown menu is available at the time of abstract submittal under the Regeistration/Submission Tab. Each Applied Geography Commission participant must choose C.1 Applied Geography C1 SP100 Open Session/Session Ouverte from the dropdown menu.
- In order to keep the conference inclusive, participants may appear as the author of only one individual paper, and may appear as session organizer for no more than one session.
- Abstacts may be submitted in English or French, the official languages of the conference.
- Abstracts must not exceed 250 words. The abstract must describe the object of study, research problem, methods, and conclusions.
- By submitting an abstract, you grant to the conference organizers the right to publish your abstract in the conference abstracts and distribute it electronically.
- All abstracts are due by 15 March 2018 at 11:59 pm EST. No exceptions will be made after this date. After March 15, 2018, all abstracts will be made electronically accessible to the evaluation committees of each IGU Commission, CAG Study Group or NCGE for review and integration into a final program for the 2018 conference.
Papers presented at this conference as well as the 2017 meetings in Brisbane, Australia will be considered for publication in a special themed issue of the journal Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy. The Applied Geography Commission to organize social events and tour during the course of the conference. Details will be forthcoming.